Sunday, March 30, 2014

Corner Grind Is Where Worker Bees Type Quietly With "Good" Coffee In Hand

Corner Grind - Bedford-Stuyvesant
1183 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11216

Currently, I sit at a round, marble table at The Corner Grind. There are six patrons--myself included. There are six computers. (Three Mac, three PC, which represents surprising technological diversity for what I can only call a hipster hang).

Having ordered an earl grey tea, I dropped some whole milk and honey into the plain white, cafeteria style mug and sat down. My Breakfast Cup ($5) arrived, and I smiled as the sunny egg yolk looked up at me atop a bed of cheesy grits and fatty bacon. 


"Looks good. I think I approve." I said.

"I have to question their form of serving it. That looks like a hospital cup." My roommate responds.

She's right. The V shaped wooden wall panels, wooden benches, communal oak table, stout leather blue armchairs with silver studs, and graphic chalkboard menu are a bit offset by the cafeteria mugs and hospital paper cups.


But everyone is just quietly enjoying their coffee. (My roommate says its "good" coffee that "doesn't have that sour taste" coffee gets from not changing the filter. She's non-discerning when it comes to caffeine intake). Everyone is typing away, plugged into their headphones, getting into the grind. 

The Corner Grind isn't a place I'll come just to relax, but next time I have some work to do, this seems like a peaceful spot with good food to boot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment