Sunday, September 14, 2014

Share Sunday Morning With Strangers At The Greene Grape Annex

The Greene Grape Annex - Fort Greene
753 Fulton St., Brooklyn, NY 11217


Without looking at the weather report this morning I felt that change that comes with the first crisp morning of fall. And I put on a scarf.

I love scarf weather, not only for the endless ways to redecorate the same old jeans and tee shirt look without effort. To me, fall ends the laziness of summer, where heat and humidity hang too heavily. We are in a grace period of relaxed productivity, able to get out and enjoy the weather before the deep hibernation of winter sedates the city.

And coming to Annex Coffee this morning is yet another indicator of fall. Walking through the streets, people are out an about--in their sweaters and sunglasses--running Sunday morning errands. Here inside the Annex, I'm listening to loud 80s music and sipping a chai tea latte (a real one--not from powder--thank you very much). As I peer over my own laptop at the countless others who have newspapers spread, textbooks cracked, and laptops out, I see the laid-back work environment that connotes a Sunday in Fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment